Thursday, January 12, 2012

So it's been a while since I've I've posted on my blog. That's all about to change. This summer a woman came into my life, Lee Wolfe of http://www.etsy.com/people/OneClayBead, she saw me at a Big Crafty and struck up a conversation with me about my work. She had seen my work before and had even bought a wine stopper. She asked me if I was on etsy and when I replied that I did try listing some things a couple of years ago and although they all sold, I found the photographing and listing process to be too time consuming and needed inventory for my galleries. Lee said that I reminded her of herself 20 years ago making clay and selling wholesale and when she finally put more effort into listing on etsy, her business took off. She had me over to her house and refreshed my memory on how to function on etsy and make treasuries . . . I have been slowly pulling out of several galleries and photographing some pieces to list on etsy. Because I have two small children, I'm being patient with myself but now that the holiday rush has come and gone, that's all about to change. Lookout world, Jen Goff and Kung Fu Clay is about to hit it big time and stop half-way doing things. I'm going to do what a friend of mine did: she told herself to spend three months putting time and effort into etsy and see what it got her and it helped give her a great holiday season this year (Sumner at http://spotteddogasheville.blogspot.com/) I'm working from a new computer so no photos to include now but will start trying to post more regularly and am certain to have photos coming.

4 comments:

  1. Look out world! Once you find the time to put in I know you're going to see big things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so excited for you Jenn and you have to know that we ALL know you are going to kick butt. Whoo HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Jen! Your enthusiasm is fantastic--keep it up! I'm really glad Lee introduced us. I totally agree with her about your potential for success and look forward to seeing you enjoy a slice of the selling-online pie.

    Sarah-Lambert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see you try the "all in for several months" approach and find out just how far you can tale it!

    ReplyDelete