Friday, January 13, 2012

Focus


I finished a most exciting new "product" today! In November I was in a little show at Vance Elementary School and my neighbor at the show was this adorable, amazing woman with terrariums. As it turns out she designs weddings from the flowers to the table settings . . . She encouraged me to turn my soap dishes into ring barer dishes that could then be used for soap dishes later. She said, "Feed a ribbon through the holes, add a little moss" Anyway, I just unloaded some dishes that I planned for that very purpose today and went to the florist and bought some moss, pussy willow and thistle and made some faux porcelain rings and I Love You charms and the whole combination is so thrilling! While I love fresh new ideas and diversifying my line of work so I can appeal to a winder market and such, I do feel that I'm spreading out too thin. I looked at my new Woolworth Walk Wall and it was chaotic and not as cohesive as I'd like. I used to be known as the "oh yeah, you're the salt and pepper lady" but now it doesn't look that way. Please help me understand how to find focus when ideas keep coming? Not just creative clay and other art ideas but food truck and other ventures appeal to me. It's so hard to keep driving at the same mission. Luckily Kung Fu Clay has stuck for a long enough period and I simply love creating the guys or I may have left it long ago to sew diapers or serve green waffles from a truck . . . Anyone else this way? Am I crazy? Lovin' life right now, simply scattered and while it's thrilling, it's also a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment